14:00 bis 17:30
The seminar focuses on assessing reading and reading comprehension. We will be looking at reading from the point of view second or foreign language but, in principle, a lot of this applies also to first language reading. We will be covering the following themes:
· the construct of reading - what is reading about?
· different types or dimensions of reading (illustrated with examples)
· different purposes for assessing reading with focus on diagnostic / formative assessment
· types of feedback on reading
· how to practice and improve reading
As part of the seminar, the participants will take a diagnostic reading test through the computerised DIALANG assessment system. The seminar also includes small practical exercises which focus on analysing selected reading tasks, types of feedback and advice on improving reading.